Things are happening!
We release weekly updates on our journey in order to let our Kickstarter backers, pre-order customers and anyone else who’s interested know where we are and what we’re doing. The previous ones are here, in case you missed them.
- We’re happy to confirm that we received the first 200 bare printed circuit boards this Monday,
and around half of them are being assembled with components on Friday.
- We did the first injection molding of one of the two parts of the Memoto plastic case and it looks very good.
- Samples of the packaging arrived from the manufacturer as well. Some minor changes are needed, but overall, we are very happy with the results.
- The custom Memoto USB cable design was released for manufacturing and is being produced. We are awaiting the first ones.
- The metal clip has been released for manufacturing.
- The windows upload client is moving along, what’s left is building the user interface and connecting the application logic to it and the following user testing.
- We are modifying the USB upload protocol for both the OSX and Windows uploaders to improve the user experience and allow amongst other things the setting of camera parameters.
- Interviewing beta-testers about the momentification so we can continue improving the algorithms further.
- Designing the LED patterns and responses for the different situations they should convey information on. The LEDs are our only user-interface output, making this an important feature.
We have been working on optimizing the photo storage and processing on our servers using a multitude of benchmarks and tests, and are now feeling satisfied that we have a good scalability and so will be able to meet the user demand on photo upload, moment processing and moment browsing performance. One challenge has been to balance instant availability of photos as they are being uploaded with the benefits of having larger chunks of user photos on the server before analyzing them for the segmentation into the Memoto moments.
Wishing you all a fantastic weekend!